Marysville Cooperative Education Partnership (MCEP) is an option program within the Marysville School District. Currently, we offer Kindergarten through 8th grade. We are a nonprofit organization governed by a council of parents, teachers and administrators.
We believe the best learning takes place…
- in a warm supportive atmosphere, where each child is respected as an individual and where peer competition or fear of failure is not encouraged as motivators.
- when it takes into account the uniqueness of the child’s needs, interests, abilities, learning rates and styles.
- when the child is active, manipulating objects and experimenting.
- when the child is allowed to think independently and make choices.
- when there is a diversity of personalities involved where the child has the opportunity to learn from peers and other children as well as from a variety of adults, including teachers, parents and community resource persons.